Happy Birthday to me!
This month Social Elements Media is 2 years old. I’m incredibly proud of what I have achieved in the past two years. The amount I’ve learned and the inspirational, awesome people I’ve met along the way.
I’ve worked incredibly hard – that much is for sure.
The things I am most proud of this year?
- I just signed my 4th retained social media management client in my chosen niche – life science and healthcare
- I worked hard to learn the ins and outs of Facebook and LinkedIn advertising, first completing the renowned Emma VanHeusen’s Facebook adcelerator. As a result, I’ve joined an awesome tribe of women who provide ongoing support and backup in this area
- I ran 4 workshops on Instagram, Facebook and Facebook advertising – more planned for next year so watch this space
- I joined an amazingly supportive mastermind group run by Leigh Howes, which I know will do wonders for my business
- I became a member of the healthcare comms agency The Difference Collective, I’m so excited to be part of such an exciting and thriving organisation.
- I now outsourced work to 3 amazing and talented people. I’m so grateful to have them on my team and to know my clients are in safe hands.
What advice would I give to all new businesses starting up?
Find your niche but don’t rush into it. It took me about a year to finally decide that I wanted to capitalize on my background, I think fear stopped me but once I committed it was amazing. Instead of doors closing all sorts of opportunities opened up
- Prepare to work hard!
- Go with your gut instinct, if a client doesn’t feel like the right fit for you, they probably aren’t. I’ve learned this the hard way
- Plan, plan, plan. Noone likes a business plan but it really does help to plan out your goals and break them down into quarters, then months, then weeks. There are lots of business planning courses out there, I’d recommend going on one.
- Be realistic with your time
- Find a tribe of like-minded networkers. Working for yourself can be lonely, difficult and frustrating. Find people you trust and you can bounce ideas off!
- Don’t try and do everything yourself, if you can afford to, outsource those tasks that take you ages or you don’t like.
So what does year three hold for Social Elements Media?
Hot off the press here are the dates:
29th Jan 10 am – 12.30 pm: Instagram for Business at Torrington Hall
13th Feb 10 am – 12.30 pm: Building your personal brand on LinkedIn at Torrington Hall
26th Feb: 10 am – 1 pm: How to use Facebook and Instagram paid for advertising at The Mill House
4th March 10 am – 12 pm: How to build a social media strategy at The Mill House
13th March – all day: The Photo-Gram Workshop at Southwark Cathedral, London. This workshop will include styling for tabletop smartphone photography techniques for business and the fundamentals of Instagram. In conjunction with New Shoots photography
18th March – 10 am – 1 pm: Facebook for Business workshop at The Mill House, Hertford
Contact me via email to book: firstname.lastname@example.org
Of course, if these dates don’t work I also offer one to one training
I would also like to grow my retained client base by two. My ideal client is a life science or healthcare company that has an active organic social media presence and would like to try out paid Facebook or LinkedIn advertising. If this sounds like you or your company then please get in touch.
Finally, I am looking forward to continuing to work with my existing clients and developing our good relationships further.